A few professional affiliations:
(Audio Engineering Society)A.S.C.A.P.
(Performing Rights Organization) B.M.I.
(Performing Rights Organization) N.A.R.A.S.
(a.k.a. “The Academy” a.k.a. the Grammy Awards organization)
A & R Recording
Some of the following recording studios and the bands that record with them are responsible for a big chunk of my business. I feel confident recommending them to you. Check them out! And, when you're done tracking and mixing, don’t forget where to bring your final mixes for mastering!
(Chicago, IL) Black Diamond
Recording Studios (Portland, OR) Blue Bear Sound
(Manotick, Ontario, Canada) Chicago Recording Company
(Chicago, IL) Detona Music
(Stockholm, Sweden) Farview Recording
(St. Charles, IL) House Recording Studios
(Plainview, NY) Guest House Studios
(Eclectic, AL) Planet 10 Studios
(Rolling Meadows, IL) Studio Le Roy
(Amsterdam, Netherlands) Strawberry Fields Recording
(Swanton, OH) Unique Recording
(New York, NY)
Vintage King Audio
A few just for the helluvit:
- Serious modern and vintage gear for the discriminating audio engineer.Tyler Acoustics
- Some of the most impressive audiophile-quality loudspeakers you’ll ever hear. Rupert Neve Designs
- Legendary audio gear from the Legend himself.Crane Song
- David Hill - The Legend of the new generation. Dangerous Music
- Like Crane Song, I'm convinced these guys can do no wrong when it comes to top-quality audio processing. John Scrip
(.com) - My personal page - Used to be my business page - Now, it’s like a Chicago highway - Constantly under construction…
GearSlutz.com ProSoundWeb Forums RecordingStudioCentral.com
ONLINE FORUMS - Many of my clients are home recording enthusiasts. I hang out at these and other forums fairly regularly. Hey, it’s good karma, right? These forums are fantastic for both home studio & professional engineers. Gear reviews & suggestions, volumes of technical information, ideas & techniques, etc. Give them a try & tell ‘em I sent you. A few of my favorites in alphabetical order are:
(The new home for "Studio Central" and Tweak's crowd - I moderate the Mastering Forum there)